"Great web site. Nice, easy online experience."
- Jim from WA
- Jim from WA
Winter driving often means dealing with snow and ice.Fortunately snow tires and tire chains are available to help keep our vehicles safely on the move in winter weather conditions. Advances in the industry mean there are more choices than ever so you can find the perfect tire chain or snow tire for your specific vehicle and winter driving needs. Not sure which kind of chain will work best for your vehicle? Unsure how to install tire chains? Need to know the tire chain laws in your state? Vulcan Tire has answers to all your winter driving questions.
The winter driving season comes each year. Don’t be caught unprepared! Preparing your vehicle and preparing yourself for winter driving can turn a frustrating and potentially dangerous outing into a safe and easy drive.
Prepare Your Vehicle:
- Install snow tires on all four wheels
- Install or carry tire chains in the trunk
- Pack a winter weather kit- include items like water, food, cell phone, blanket, flash light, ice scraper, tow rope, jumper cables, etc.
- Keep up with routine vehicle maintenance- don’t be caught with an old battery, streaking windshield wipers, or low tire pressure
- Know your route- learn snow tire and tire chain regulations
- Watch weather reports- consider having updates sent to your cell phone
- Know your vehicle- four wheel and all wheel drive vehicles do not stop better on ice, select “winter traction driving mode” if your vehicle has it
- Be careful- stay alert, drive slowly, give yourself extra time, allow extra space between vehicles